Thyroid diseases are one of the most common endocrine diseases in the community. It is believed that 42 million people in India suffer from thyroid diseases. Providence brings together the best faculty in thyroidology: endocrinologists and endocrine surgeons to engage you in a discussion on “Controversies in Thyroid”. This full day program will feature debates and case discussions in addition to lectures.
Target audience: physicians, surgeons, ENT specialists, Obstetricians
Venue: Hotel Residency Towers, Trivandrum
Date: 22 May 2016, Sunday
Time: 9: 30 AM to 3 PM
- Why do we see more thyroid disease now?
- Management strategies for hyperthyroidism
- Optimal use of thyroid antibodies in practice
- Maternal hypothyroidism and fetal outcome
- Managing hyperthyroidism in pregnancy
- Understanding weird thyroid function tests
- Challenging thyroid function tests in pregnancy
- Does this patient need thyroid replacement?
- Which one to choose: laparoscopic or traditional thyroidectomy?
- Should current limits of TSH be changed?