Endocrinology is a broad science which includes the study of hormones and allied diseases. Most endocrine diseases are chronic and require regular follow up. Some endocrine diseases are extremely common like thyroid diseases, diabetes and osteoporosis, but they seldom have typical symptoms. Most endocrine diseases present with vague symptoms and identification and treatment of these are best left to the expert endocrinologist. Most endocrine disease have long term implications e.g. diabetes leading to complications, osteoporosis leading to fractures etc.
- Diabetes mellitus: type 1 diabetes mellitus,type 2 diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes, maturity onset diabetes of young
- Thyroid diseases: hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid nodules, thyroid cancers, congenital hypothyroidism mellitus, gestational diabetes, maturity onset diabetes of young
- Pituitary diseases: prolactinoma, acromegaly, pituitary adenoma, Cushing’s disease, Diabetes Insipidus, hypopituarism, short stature due to growth hormone deficiency
- Adrenal diseases: Cushing’s syndrome, Hyperaldosteronism, Adrenal insufficiency, resistant hypertension, congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Parathyroid and metabolic bone disease: hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism, parathyroid adenoma, osteoporosis, rickets, nephrocalcinosis (kidney stones)
- Gonadal diseases: Hypogonadism, Klinefelter’s syndrome, Turner syndrome, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Premature Ovarian Failure
Our endocrinology deals with all types of endocrine diseases. Our laboratory has testing facilities for various hormones using high end fully automated machines. For appointment, please call 0471-6662880,81